A lot has happened since then and Reuben Frank recounts some of the staggering numbers (i.e. 73.5 million Wawa hoagies have been sold) since the last Eagles home win. I'm going to take a look at it from a different perspective - the events that have occurred since the Eagles last home win.
- Andrew Bynum was still loved when the Eagles last won at the Linc.
- Hurricane Sandy wasn't even a thing yet.
- Doug Collins, Charlie Manuel, Peter Laviolette, and Andy Reid were the head coaches in Philadelphia.
- Breaking Bad has since ended.
- The Phillies won a game in the 2012 season.... then played the full 2013 season.
- The Pope resigned.
- The NHL was still in their lockout when the Eagles last won.
- The NHL has begun two seasons since then.
- James Gandolfini passed away.
- Roy Halladay pitched, had shoulder surgery, rehabbed, then pitched again.
- 19 year-olds at the time of the last Eagles win could be legally allowed to drink now.
- All four major Philadelphia sports teams have changed their head coaches.
- Dennis Rodman started hanging out in North Korea.
- Johnny Manziel was not a household name at the time of the Eagles last home win.
- Barack Obama was re-elected as President of the United States.
- Nerlens Noel had not yet played a game at Kentucky. Now he plays for the 76ers.
I know I missed a whole lot of stuff but this gives you an idea of how long it has been since the Eagles last won at home. Some of this stuff is truly mind-blowing but nothing more so than this:
- Andy Reid has more career wins at Lincoln Financial Field than the Philadelphia Eagles.
Mondays really do suck, don't they?
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports