Final: Mariners 5 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (6-14) - 7.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 9 K
Save: Fernando Rodney (36)
- Chase Utley was 0-for-4 but grounded into a fielder's choice in the ninth inning then later scored the Phillies' first run on a wild pitch.
- Domonic Brown hit an RBI double in the ninth to drive in Marlon Byrd.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with a double, the only Phillies' extra-base hit until Brown's double.
- Byrd was 1-for-4 with a run scored on the night but struck out three times.
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-3 and was hit with a 95 mph fastball in the ninth inning.
- Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with a walk on the night.
- The only other Phillie to record a hit was Cody Asche who went 1-for-4.
- Ben Revere went 0-for-4 dropping his batting average to .313.
- A.J. Burnett threw 125 pitches on the night, marking the fourth time this season he has topped 116 pitches.
- Both of the Phillies runs came with two outs in the ninth inning.
- The Phillies went 1-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Mike Zunino had a strong game at the plate for the Mariners going 2-for-3 with two RBIs.
- Dustin Ackley had another great game for Seattle going 1-for-3 with a double, two walks and a run scored.
- Kyle Seager hit a monster home run to right field in the sixth inning on a 3-0 fastball to give the Mariners a 3-0 lead. He went 1-for-5 with a solo home run on the night.
- Robinson Cano was 1-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base and a run scored. But Cano struck out for just the third time this month and for the first time in back to back games since July 21-22.
- Logan Morrison went 1-for-3 with a walk, a run scored and an RBI.
- Austin Jackson recorded a double, walked and scored a run at the top of the Mariners order.
- The Mariners went 2-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports