Final: Marlins 4 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Jake Diekman (2-2) - 0.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- Chase Utley went 2-for-4 with a double in the eighth inning and a run scored.
- Marlon Byrd tied the game in the eighth inning with a 425+ foot two-run home run in the eighth inning.
- Jimmy Rollins got another hit to take sole possession of second place all-time on the Phillies career hit list with 2,218. He also scored a run.
- Ryan Howard got the Phillies on the board in the eighth inning driving in Jimmy Rollins with a sacrifice fly.
- Cody Asche and Ben Revere both went 1-for-4.
- In addition to pitching seven innings, Cole Hamels also went 1-for-3 at the plate.
- The Phillies went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Marcell Ozuna continued to beat up the Phillies going 2-for-4 with a home run, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Giancarlo Stanton also had a good game going 2-for-4 and driving in the first run of the game for Miami.
- Christian Yelich's only hit of the game was the game-winner as he singled home Ozuna with two outs in the bottom of the ninth.
- Ed Lucas had a two-hit game of his own going 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored.
- The Marlins went 3-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports