Final: Marlins 14 - Phillies 5
Losing Pitcher: Kyle Kendrick (0-5) - 5.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jimmy Rollins had another good game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double pulling him into a tie with Richie Ashburn for second on the Phillies all-time hit list with 2,217.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-4 with a two-run home run, his third of the season.
- Marlon Byrd continued to swing a good stick going 2-for-3 with a walk, an RBI and a run scored.
- Cody Asche also put together a two-hit night with his 2-for-5 effort with a run scored.
- Ryan Howard and John Mayberry Jr. both hit doubles.
- The bullpen got hit hard as Jeff Manship and Luis Garcia each allowed four runs on three hits in an inning pitched. Manship walked one batter in his inning pitched while Garcia walked four batters.
- The Phillies went 2-for-13 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
- Marcell Ozuna continued to feast on Phillies pitching going 2-for-4 with a grand slam, five RBIs and two runs scored.
- Christian Yelich had a strong with with three hits including a triple to go along with a run scored and two RBIs.
- Garrett Jones went 2-for-3 with a walk, two RBIs and three runs scored.
- Derek Dietrich had a solid night going 2-for-4 with a walk, a double, a triple and three runs scored.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia drove in two runs tonight.
- The Marlins went 8-for-16 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
- Both teams had 14 hits on the night.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports