Final: Flyers 2 - Rangers 1
Series Tied 2-2
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 1 GA, 37 Saves, .974 SV%
- Jake Voracek (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, Even
- Matt Read (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 2 SOG, 19:35 TOI
- The Rangers struck first in the first period when Domonic Moore raced out of the penalty box and ripped a shot on Steve Mason. Mason made the original save but Moore was able to put home the wrap-around try to give the Rangers a 1-0 lead just 4:38 into the game.
- The Flyers responded four minutes later when Jason Akeson's shot went wide and hit the backboards before ricocheting out the other side to Matt Read who beat Henrik Lundqvist to tie the game up.
- In the second period after Brian Boyle got away with tripping Claude Giroux, Moore was whistled for cross-checking the Flyers captain just seconds after he got up off the ice. The Flyers went to work on the power play when Jake Voracek got the puck back to Mark Streit at the point. Streit got it to Brayden Schenn who ripped a slap-pass that Voracek redirected over the shoulder of Lundqvist to make it 2-1 Flyers.
- It was a tightly contested third period that featured huge saves by both goaltenders, including one by Mason on Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, but it would end 2-1.
- The Flyers went 1-for-2 on the power play while the Rangers went 0-for-4 on the man-advantage, including a 4-on-3 for nearly a minute and a half.
- New York out-shot Philadelphia 38-25, including 16-6 in the first period.
- The Flyers lost defenseman Nick Grossmann to a lower-body injury in the second period when he lost an edge and got his leg jammed against the boards.
- The victory moves the Flyers to 34-35 all-time in Game 4 and the Flyers are 14-7 all-time when the series is tied 2-2.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports