Win: Antonio Bastardo (3-2) - 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Loss: David Purcey (0-1) - 0.1 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 2 BB, 0 K
X-Factor: CF John Mayberry Jr. - Mayberry got the start for Ben Revere who broke his foot on a foul ball last night. He was 0-for-4 with two strikeouts when he came up in the bottom of the 10th with two outs and the bases loaded. He singled back up the middle on the first pitch to win the game and series for the Phillies.
- All three games of the series went to extra innings.
- Jonathan Papelbon blew his fifth save of the year.
- Cole Hamels was in line for his fourth win of the year allowing two runs on eight hits over eight innings.
- Hamels also went 2-for-2 at the plate with a double, a sacrifice, and his first RBI of the year. He was 2-for-30 at the plate entering the game.
- Kevin Frandsen picked up his 12th pinch hit of the year in the ninth.
- Chase Utley had another error (12th of the year) today.
- Dom Brown added two RBI to his team-lead for 67 at the break.
- Cole Hamels was the only Phillie who registered a multi-hit game.
- The win brings the Phillies to .500 at 48-48 at the All-Star Break.
The Phillies are off for the All-Star break. They get back at it on Friday against the Mets at Citi Field at 7:05 pm.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports