Final: Mets 11 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: Roberto Hernandez (2-3) - 5.1 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- Chase Utley had the only extra base hit for the Phillies with his 23rd double of the season as he went 1-for-4.
- Ryan Howard had the only RBI for the Phillies going 0-for-3 with a walk and his 40th RBI of the season.
- Ben Revere turned in a two-hit night going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Reid Brignac had a decent game at the plate for the Phillies going 2-for-4.
- Jake Diekman allowed four runs on two hits with two walks in 0.1 innings of work.
- Phillippe Aumont allowed two runs on a hit and a walk in 0.2 innings of work.
- The Phillies went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Wilmer Flores put the nail in the coffin of the Phillies with his ninth-inning grand slam. He was 2-for-5 with a double, a grand slam and six RBIs.
- David Wright went 2-for-4 with a walk, a double, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Bobby Abreu continued to play well against his former team going 1-for-3 with a walk, a double and two runs scored.
- Daniel Murphy turned in a two-hit performance going 2-for-5 with two runs scored.
- Lucas Duda had a decent game going 1-for-4 with a walk, a double and an RBI.
- Curtis Granderson went 1-for-5 with a run scored and two RBIs.
- The newly called-up Matt den Dekker had a good game going 1-for-5 with a run scored and also threw out Reid Brignac trying to score from second base.
- The Mets went 5-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports