Final: Mets 5 - Phillies 4
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (2-2) - 6.0 IP, 11 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 8 K
Save: Jenrry Mejia (17)
- Marlon Byrd had a big game at the plate for the Phillies going 3-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and an RBI.
- Grady Sizemore ripped an RBI double in the bottom of the ninth inning that scored two.
- Cody Asche got an RBI in the bottom of the ninth too on a fielder's choice to make it a 5-4 game.
- Chase Utley was great at the plate going 3-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Ben Revere raised his batting average to .313 going 2-for-4.
- The Phillies went 2-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Former-Phillies prospect Travis d'Arnaud had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and an RBI.
- Curtis Granderson put up a big game at the top of the Mets order going 2-for-4 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- David Murphy also went 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Juan Lagares had the other extra-base hit for the Mets going 1-for-4 with a double, a run scored and an RBI.
- Wilmer Flores was 2-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- David Wright also had a multi-hit game going 2-for-5.
- The win was Bartolo Colon's 200th of his career.
- The Mets went 5-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports