Win: Carlos Torres (3-2) - 6.2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K
Loss: Ethan Martin (2-3) - 4.0 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 9 K
X-Factor: 2B Daniel Murphy - The Mets second baseman had himself a day. Murphy went 4-for-5 with a double, a run scored, and two RBIs, his 60th and 61st on the year. Through six innings, Murphy had twice as many hits (four) as the Phillies whole team (two).
- Phillies starter Ethan Martin became the second Phillies pitcher since 1916 to record nine strikeouts in four or fewer innings pitched. He joins Roy Halladay.
- C Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-4 with his 11th double of the season.
- RP Cesar Jimenez balked home a run in the sixth inning.
- RP Justin De Fratus allowed four runs on two hits and two walks in one inning pitched.
- RF Darin Ruf went 0-for-3 with a sacrifice fly.
- CF Roger Bernadina wen 1-for-2 with a two-run home run in the eighth inning.
- The Phillies pitchers issued six total walks
- The Phillies went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
The Phillies open a three game series with the Cubs on Friday afternoon at Wrigley Field at 2:20 pm with Roy Halladay taking the mound.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports