final: Mets 6 - Phillies 1
Losing Pitcher: Cole Hamels (0-2) - 4.2 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- The game was delayed one hour and 28 minutes at the start.
- Ryan Howard went 2-for-4 with a double and two strikeouts.
- Marlon Byrd was the Phillies offense going 1-for-4 with a solo home run in the fourth inning.
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Chase Utley was the only other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- Cole Hamels allowed four walks in an inning for the first time in his career.
- The Phillies were 0-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Daniel Murphy was 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Ruben Tejada had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-3 with a double, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Chris Young went 1-for-3 with a double, a walk, an RBI and a two runs scored.
- In addition to his production on the mound, Jon Niese got an RBI off a bases loaded walk in the fourth inning.
- The Mets went 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
The Phillies get back at it Wednesday against the Mets at 7:05 pm at Citizens Bank Park. Kyle Kendrick is slated to start for the Phillies.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports