Final: Nationals 11 - Phillies 0
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (6-11) - 1.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- Despite all the poor play at the plate of the Phillies, Grady Sizemore still had a good night going 2-for-4.
- Marlon Byrd also had a good night going 2-for-4 at the plate.
- Andres Blanco had the only extra-base hit for the Phillies tonight with a double.
- Ben Revere went 1-for-4 at the top of the Phillies order.
- Jimmy Rollins was the only other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-3.
- A.J. Burnett was tossed from the game in the bottom of the second inning by home plate umpire Chris Guccione. The aggressive Guccione also tossed Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base.
- Anthony Rendon paced the Nationals tonight going 3-for-5 with a double, a home run, two runs scored and four RBIs to go along with his 11th stolen base of the season.
- Rendon was just a triple shy of the cycle.
- Asdrubal Cabrera had his first impact game for the Nationals going 2-for-5 with a triple, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Denard Span had a great game going 2-for-4 with an RBI, his 21st stolen base of the season and two runs scored.
- Adam LaRoche ripped an RBI double and scored a run.
- Ian Desmond went 1-for-2 with a walk, a stolen base, a run scored and an RBI.
- Wilson Ramos had a two-hit game including an RBI single.
- Jayson Werth and Bryce Harper both hit RBI singles and both scored a run.
- The Nationals went 7-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports