Final: Nationals 7 - Phillies 0
Losing Pitcher: David Buchanan (1-2) - 6.0 IP, 10 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
- No Phillies batter had more than one hit on the night.
- Reid Brignac had the only extra-base hit for the Phillies with his two-out double in the fifth inning.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Chase Utley had the only hit with runners in scoring position and went 1-for-4 on the night.
- Ryan Howard, Domonic Brown and John Mayberry Jr. were the other Phillies to record hits.
- David Buchanan threw a season-high 112 pitches with a season-high six strikeouts.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Ryan Zimmerman had a solid return from the disabled list going 2-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Denard Span put together a solid night going 3-for-5 with three runs scored.
- Anthony Rendon had a strong game going 1-for-4 with a walk, a home run, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Jayson Werth continued to torture his former team with his two-run double in the third inning.
- Ian Desmond put in work going 1-for-3 with a home run.
- The middle infielders held their own tonight as Danny Espinosa went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- The Nationals went 3-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports