Win: Joe Savery (1-0) - 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K
Loss: Tommy Layne (0-2) - 0.2 IP, 2 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (15) - 1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 1 K
X-Factor: 2B Logan Forsythe - In the top of the 13th inning with Utley on 2B and Dom Brown on 1B for the Phillies, Ben Revere hit a hard ground ball in the hole between 1B and 2B. Forsythe got to the ball, however he bobbled it and it got away from him. Forsythe got to the ball and fired home. The ball got away from Padres C Nick Hundley which allowed Dom Brown to score as well. Forsythe was charged with two errors on the play, and both Phillies go-ahead runs were un-earned.
- Cole Hamels had another rough outing for the Phillies as he gave up 5 R in 6.0 IP. 4 of the runs were ER. He is still stuck at 2 wins in 2013.
- Delmon Young had his first extra base hit, a home run, in the last 19 games.
- The Phillies bullpen gave up only 2 H and 0 R in 7 innings of work.
- Ryan Howard went 0 for 6 at the plate with 3 Ks.
- The offense for the Phillies seems to have hit a stride the past two days as they've scored 17 runs in the last 3 games. Hopefully they can keep this going for more than a week.
- The Phillies used 6 pitchers to get the win in extra innings; the Padres used 9 pitchers in the loss.
Jonathan Pettibone is on the mound Thursday night for the Phillies as they take on the Dodgers at 10:10 pm at Dodger Stadium.
Follow Steve on Twitter @MikeHiggzPSU
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports