Final: Panthers 3 - Flyers 1
- Sean Bergenheim (FLA) - 2 G, 0 A, 4 SOG, Plus-1
- Tim Thomas (FLA) - 38 Saves, 1 GA, .974 SV%
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 5 SOG, 17:48 TOI
- After a scoreless first period, Sean Bergenheim got the Panthers on the board with a wraparound shot after a relentless series of shots on Steve Mason.
- With the Flyers on their heels for a large portion of the second period, Bergenheim scored again on the power play to give the Panthers a 2-0 lead.
- Wayne Simmonds would get the Flyers on the board in the third period after Scott Hartnell's shot was stopped by Tim Thomas but Simmonds cleaned up the rebound.
- With just over four minutes remaining, referee Tim Peel kept the puck in the Flyers offensive zone after it hit his skate and seconds later Erik Gudbranson's slap shot was stopped but the puck shot straight in the air then into the net off Mason's back.
- The win is Tim Thomas' 14th career win against the Flyers.
- Claude Giroux led all Flyers with six shots on goal.
- The Flyers out-shot the Panthers 39-31 including 19-10 in the third period.
- The loss ends the Flyers seven-game point streak.
- The Flyers were 1-for-4 on the power play while the Panthers went 1-for-2 on the man-advantage.
- Vinny Lecavalier led the Flyers with three blocked shots.
- The Panthers blocked 17 Flyers shots.
- The loss drops the Flyers to 1-8-1 when allowing the first goal of the game.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports