Final: Phillies 3 - DOdgers 2
Losing Pitcher: J.P. Howell (1-2) - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (6)
- Ben Revere had a good night at the plate going 4-for-5 with a run scored and his sixth stolen base of the year.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the top of the 10th inning.
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-4 with a triple and reached base in the 10th inning on an error by Carl Crawford. Ruiz would score on Brown's double.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-4 with his 13th RBI of the season.
- A.J. Burnett pitched a strong game going 6.2 innings allowing two runs on six hits with a walk and five strikeouts.
- Burnett also was productive at the plate as he went 3-for-3 with a run scored.
- Jayson Nix was caught stealing and is not 0-for-2 in stolen base attempts this season.
- The Phillies went 2-for-14 with runners in scoring position and left 11 men on base.
- Adrian Gonzalez saw his hitting streak end at 16 games going 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Dee Gordon went 2-for-3 with a double, a run scored and two stolen bases.
- Yasiel Puig had a decent night at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Tim Federowicz recorded a hit for the second straight night going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- The Dodgers went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports