Final - 11: Phillies 3 - Mets 2
Losing Pitcher: Carlos Torres (2-2) - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (10)
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the 11th inning to plate the go-ahead run for the Phillies. Byrd also walked twice.
- Chase Utley had a solid night at the plate going 3-for-5 with two doubles while scoring all three Phillies runs and registering his first stolen base of the season.
- Domonic Brown had a good night going 2-for-5 with a walk, two RBIs and his fourth stolen base of the season.
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-4 with two walks and a stolen base.
- Ben Revere was the only other Phillie to register a hit going 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Starter Roberto Hernandez allowed just one run in five innings of work while throwing 99 pitches.
- The Phillies were 3-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left 17 men on base.
- David Wright had a big night for the Mets going 2-for-4 with a double that plated the game-tying run in the eighth inning and two walks.
- Curtis Granderson had an RBI double in the first inning and went 1-for-5 with a walk overall.
- Daniel Murphy had a decent night going 1-for-4 with two walks and two runs scored.
- Wilmer Flores and Travis D-Arnaud both went 2-for-5.
- Mets starter Jenrry Mejia lasted just 4.2 innings throwing 101 pitches.
- The Mets went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left 15 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports