Final - 11: Mets 5 - Phillies 4
Losing Pitcher: Jeff Manship (1-1) - 1.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- Wil Nieves played well this afternoon going 2-for-4 with a double, a run scored, a stolen base and an RBI.
- Cody Asche also had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jimmy Rollins was on base a lot going 1-for-3 with a run scored and three walks.
- Marlon Byrd continued to rake putting a 2-for-4 day with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- Chase Utley ripped an RBI triple in the top of the ninth.
- Antonio Bastardo allowed three runs on three hits in just 0.1 innings pitched allowing the Mets to tie to game in the bottom of the ninth.
- The Phillies went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base.
- Daniel Murphy torched the Phillies going 3-for-4 with two doubles, two walks, a two-run home run and two RBIs.
- Eric Young Jr. went 3-for-6 a double, a stolen base and two runs scored.
- Chris Young hit his fifth double of the season going 2-for-6 with two runs scored.
- Ruben Tejada went 2-for-4 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Juan Lagares tied the game in the bottom of the ninth on a groundout. He went 1-for-5 with a walk and an RBI.
- The Mets went 5-for-20 with runners in scoring position and left 17 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports