Final: Phillies 8 - Nationals 4
Losing Pitcher: Doug Fister (12-5) - 5.2 IP, 10 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- Marlon Byrd had a great game at the plate for the Phillies going 3-for-5 with a two-run home run and two runs scored.
- Ryan Howard put up a big game going 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins was on base a lot tonight going 2-for-2 with two walks and his 17th home run of the season, a solo shot in the first inning.
- Chase Utley had a multi-hit game as well going 2-for-4 with a walk and a run scored.
- Grady Sizemore hit a pinch-hit, two-run, go-ahead home run in the bottom of the sixth inning that gave the Phillies the lead for good.
- Domonic Brown hit an RBI double in the sixth inning.
- Both Ben Revere and Wil Nieves went 1-for-4 with Nieves scoring a run.
- The Phillies went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
- It was a strong homestand for the Phillies winning seven of their nine games.
- Denard Span had himself a game going 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and three runs scored.
- Span was a triple shy of the cycle.
- Ian Desmond also had a great night at the plate going 3-for-4 with an RBI
- Anthony Rendon was 1-for-4 with an RBI double in the first inning and a run scored.
- Jayson Werth drove in a run going 1-for-3 on the night with a walk.
- Wilson Ramos was the only other National to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- The Nationals went 3-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports