Final: Phillies 7 - Padres 3
Losing Pitcher: Eric Stults (2-8) - 5.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- John Mayberry Jr. had his best game all year going 3-for-4 with a double and a three-run home run in the seventh inning.
- Jimmy Rollins inched closer to Mike Schmidt's franchise record for most hits as Rollins singled in the first to drive in Ben Revere. Rollins is now one hit away from tying Schmidt and two hits away from breaking the record.
- Ben Revere had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a leadoff double and a run scored.
- Reid Brignac broke the tie in the sixth inning with his two-out, two-run double and he was 1-for-2 on the day.
- Domonic Brown played well going 1-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Chase Utley had a strong game went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Ken Giles made his Major League debut allowing a solo home run and then getting a strikeout to end the game.
- The Phillies were 4-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Will Venable had a two-hit game going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Yasmani Grandel went 1-for-4 with a solo home run off of Giles.
- Chase Headley had the only other extra-base hit for San Diego going 1-for-4 with an RBI-double.
- Alexi Amarista, Yonder Alonso and Evereth Cabrera all went 1-for-4.
- Seth Smith was held hitless going 0-for-3 but managed to score a run.
- The Padres went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports