Final: Cubs 8 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (0-1) - 5.2 IP, 5 H, 8 R, 4 ER, 6 BB, 3 K
- Chase Utley went 1-for-3 with an RBI double and a walk.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-5 with an RBI.
- With the Cubs holding a four run lead with runners on the corners and two outs in the bottom of the sixth, Emilio Bonifacio hit a ball back up the middle and Rollins fielded the ball but didn't step on second base and couldn't get the speedy Bonifacio at first to score a run. Chicago tacked on three more runs in the inning.
- The Phillies bullpen threw 2.1 shutout innings.
- Ben Revere went 1-for-4 with two runs scored and his team-leading fourth stolen base of the year.
- The Phillies went 1-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left 10 runners left on base.
- The Cubs put up four runs in the first inning marking the first time this season they have scored more than one run in an inning.
- Ryan Kalish went 2-for-3 with a double, a triple, two walks, two runs scored and three RBIs.
- Anthony Rizzo went 2-for-3 with a walk, a run and an RBI.
- Bonifacio went 1-for-4 with a walk, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Starlin Castro went 1-for-4 with an RBI double batting in the sixth hole.
- The Cubs went 4-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports