Final: Marlins 4 - Phillies 0
Losing Pitcher: Roberto Hernandez (3-6) - 6.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Cody Asche continued to swing a hot bat tonight going 3-for-3 with his 10th double of the season.
- In addition to what he did on the mound, Roberto Hernandez went 1-for-2 at the plate getting his first Major League hit and breaking an 0-for-40 streak to start his career.
- Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard were the only other Phillies to collect hits as both went 1-for-4 with a single.
- Both runs allowed by Antonio Bastardo in the ninth inning were unearned thanks to a Chase Utley throwing error which broke the streak of 10 errorless games by the Phillies.
- The Phillies were shutout for the seventh time in their last 25 home games and their 10th time overall this season.
- The Phillies went 0-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Casey McGehee had a strong night at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double and two RBIs in the first inning.
- Derek Dietrich put together a two-hit night going 2-for-5 including an RBI single in the ninth inning and a run scored.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 1-for-2 at the plate with a walk, a hit by pitch and a run scored.
- Ed Lucas was the only other Marlins starter to record a hit going 1-for-3 with a run scored.
- The Marlins went 3-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports