Final: Phillies 3 - Brewers 2
Losing Pitcher: Marco Estrada (7-6) - 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (20)
- Chase Utley responded well to being voted to the All-Star Game with his two-run home run in the first inning, his seventh of the season. On the night he was 2-for-3 with a walk, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Ben Revere raised his batting average going 2-for-4 with his 26th stolen base of the year and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI single that scored Utley.
- Andres Blanco, Cody Asche and Domonic Brown all went 1-for-4.
- Kenny Giles threw 1.1 shutout innings getting another strikeout on his slider. Opponents are now 0-for-16 with 11 strikeouts against Giles' slider.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Ryan Braun had a strong game for the Brewers going 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jeff Bianchi drove in both Milwaukee runs with an RBI single in the fifth inning.
- Khris Davis had a decent game at the plate going 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- All-Star centerfielder Carlos Gomez was 1-for-4 on the night with a double but was picked off of second base by Cole Hamels.
- Mark Reynolds went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- From the eighth hole, Jean Segura was 2-for-4 on the night.
- The Brewers went 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports