Final - 11: Mets 4 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Phillippe Aumont (0-1) - 1.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Save: Jenrry Mejia (6)
- Carlos Ruiz was the only Phillie with a multi-hit game going 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard continued to swing a hot bat hitting his 11th home run of the season driving in two runs.
- Marlon Byrd also went deep with his eighth home run of the season in the 11th inning to cut the New York lead in half.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-5 now sitting just 10 hits away from breaking the franchise hit record.
- Ben Revere and Cesar Hernandez both went 1-for-4.
- In addition to his seven strong innings on the mound, Cole Hamels also went 1-for-2 at the plate.
- The Phillies went 2-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Eric Campbell was the only Met with a multi-hit game going 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
- Lucas Duda hit a pinch-hit two-run home run in the 11th inning to give the Mets a 4-2 lead.
- David Wright went 1-for-4 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- Chris Young drove in another run against the Phillies going 1-for-4 with an RBI.
- Curtis Granderson also drove in a run going 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- The Mets went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports