WP: Brian Duensing (1-1) - 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 K, 0 ER, 0 BB
LP: Mike Adams (1-4) - 0.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB
S: Glen Perkins (14) - 1 IP, 0 R, 1 K
X-Factor: Justin Morneau - Morneau has been a run producing machine in 2013, and on Tuesday night he added to his RBI total. Morneau had an RBI double in the 4th inning off Cole Hamels, and later scored in that inning for give the Twins the 2-1 lead. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th inning, Morneau singled off Antonio Bastardo to give the Twins the lead for good as the Twins went on to win the game 3-2. Morneau went 3-4 at the plate and plated his team leading 36th RBI.
- Cole Hamels had another quality start wasted by poor offense. Hamels went 6 IP giving up 2 ER with 5 Ks and 0 BB.
- Both of the Phillies' runs came with 2 outs.
- The Phillies went without a HR for the first time in 15 games.
- Domonic Brown went 0-4 tonight, and is 0 for his last 7, and 2 for his last 12 with 1 HR.
- Jamey Carroll had 2 hits tonight after having 0 hits in his last 24 ABs.
- The Phillies lost their 4th straight after a 5 game win streak helped them to get above .500. Now the Phillies are 2 games below the .500 mark.
The Phillies face the Twins in Game 2 tomorrow night at 8:10 pm. Tyler Cloyd (2-2) takes the mound for the Phillies against Mike Pelfrey (3-6) for the Twins.
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter: @WhizWitSports