Final: Phillies 5 - Padres 2
Losing Pitcher: Ian Kennedy (5-7) - 7.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (14)
- Marlon Byrd had a game to remember going 1-for-3 with a home run and four RBIs.
- Ben Revere put up a two-hit game going 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Chase Utley had a strong night going 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
- Ryan Howard also had a two-hit night going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins continues to inch closer to Mike Schmidt's franchise record as he went 1-for-4.
- Cesar Hernandez was the other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-3.
- A.J. Burnett was pulled in the eighth inning despite throwing only 89 pitches.
- The Phillies were 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Will Venable had a great game going 2-for-3 with a solo home run in the third inning.
- Carlos Quentin snapped an 0-for-22 streak at the plate with his double in the seventh inning. He would later score on a sacrifice fly.
- Seth Smith and Chase Headley both went 1-for-4.
- Yonder Alonso drove in the other Padres run with his sacrifice fly.
- The Padres went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports