Final: Phillies 2 - Cubs 0
Losing Pitcher: Jeff Samardzija (0-1) - 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (1)
- Chase Utley had his best game of the season going 3-for-3 with a double, his second run of the year, a walk and two runs scored.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-2 with his third RBI of the season and two walks.
- In addition to pitching seven shutout innings, Cliff Lee went 1-for-3 from the plate.
- Lee saw 15 pitches in his three at-bats which was more than Jimmy Rollins (12), Wil Nieves (12) and Dom Brown (13) saw in four at-bats.
- Ben Revere was 1-for-5 but stolen his team-leading third base of the year.
- Ryan Howard went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Philadelphia's bullpen threw two shutout innings and allowed just one base-runner on a walk from Jake Diekman.
- The Phillies went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
- The top two for the Cubs had a strong game as Emilio Bonifacio (2-for-5) and Starlin Castro (3-for-4) combined for half of the Cubs' 10 hits.
- Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija went 1-for-2 at the plate seeing a total of three pitches.
- Chicago went 0-for-7 while leaving 10 runners on base and grounding into two double plays.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports