Win: Rick Porcello (8-6) - 6.0 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 K
Loss: Jake Diekman (0-1) - 0.1 IP, 4 R, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 0 K
X-Factor: SS Jhonny Peralta - It could be one of the last series the Tigers shortstop plays as he has been connected to Tony Bosch and the Biogenesis case. Suspensions for those players are expected to be handed out this week. However it didn't stop Peralta on Sunday. The 31 year old went 2-for-5 with a sixth inning grand slam for his 10th home run of the year which help put the game out of reach.
- The Phillies allowed eight unearned runs in the sixth inning. It is the first time they did that since 1997 against the New York Mets.
- Amazingly, the Phillies went 5-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
- Darin Ruf and Kevin Frandsen each went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Ruf and Carlos Ruiz both had a two-out RBI.
- Steve Susdorf registered his first MLB hit with a double to lead-off the top of the fifth inning.
- Diekman, Susdorf, and Ruf all had an error in the sixth inning.
The Phillies return home Tuesday night to face the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants. John Lannan gets the call for Philadelphia looking to snap their eight game losing streak..
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports