Final: Phillies 10 - Astros 3
Losing Pitcher: Brad Peacock (3-8) - 5.0 IP, 7 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- Ben Revere had a great game at the plate going 4-for-5 with a triple, two runs scored and his 31st stolen base of the season.
- Chase Utley was fantastic tonight going 2-for-4 with a three-run home run and scored two runs on the night.
- Ryan Howard had another multi-hit night going 2-for-4 with a double, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Jimmy Rollins went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored.
- Marlon Byrd, who was claimed on waivers earlier in the day, went 1-for-3 with a walk, a run scored and an RBI.
- In addition to 6.1 strong innings on the mound, David Buchanan also went 1-for-2 with a single, a run scored and an RBI.
- Buchanan has now earned the decision in all 11 of his starts and is tied for the team lead win six wins.
- The win gives the Phillies their first back-to-back home series victories since last September.
- The Phillies went 4-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Once again, Jonathan Singleton drove in another run for the Astros.
- Jose Altuve went 2-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI.
- Gregorio Petit put up a two-hit game going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Chris Carter also went 2-for-4 on the night.
- Matt Dominguez ripped a double and scored run. It was the only extra-base hit of the night for Houston.
- Jake Marisnick was 1-for-3 with an RBI on the night.
- The Astros went 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports