Win: Kyle Kendrick (7-4) - 8.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 7 H, 0 BB, 6 K
Loss: Jason Marquis (9-3) - 4.1 IP, 6 R, 6 ER, 6 H, 5 BB, 4 K
X-Factor: P Kyle Kendrick - Kyle Kendrick had another strong outing for the Phillies this year going 8 innings, giving up 2 runs while striking out 6 Padres batters. Kendrick being able to pitch late into the game with a comfortable lead was good for the Phillies who have not been getting consistently good work out of their bullpen. After the game Kendrick said he was throwing his cutter a lot more tonight. Hopefully Kendrick continues to pitch this way for the foreseeable future, as he has been performing above the expectations of many Phillies fans.
- Domonic Brown hit his 20th home run of 2013, and had 4 RBIs on the night. Brown is the youngest Phillies (25 years old) to hit 20 home runs before the month of July.
- The Phillies used a walk, a wild pitch, and a sac fly to score 3 runs in the 5th innning.
- Kyle Kendrick went 8 innings giving up only 2 runs in the 2nd inning. He struck out 6 en route to his 7th win of the season.
- The Phillies were 2-13 tonight with RISP.
- The Padres used 5 pitchers in the loss.
Cole Hamels is on the mound Wednesday night for the Phillies as they take on the Padres at 10:10 pm at Petco Park . Hamels will be looking to get his 3rd win of 2013.
- Mike Higgins
Follow Mike on Twitter: @MikeHiggzPSU
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter: @WhizWitSports