Final: Phillies 7 - DOdgers 0
Losing Pitcher: Paul Maholm (0-2) - 5.0 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Ryan Howard continued to rake going 2-for-5 with a two-run home run in the fifth inning.
- Carlos Ruiz went 3-for-4 with a home run in the ninth inning, two doubles and his first four RBIs of the season.
- Chase Utley went 1-for-5 with a double in the ninth inning and scored on Ruiz's home run.
- Cliff Lee threw eight shutout innings with 10 strikeouts giving him 23 strikeouts over his last two starts.
- Lee retired 20 consecutive batters from the second inning until Tim Federowicz's single with two outs in the bottom of the eighth inning.
- Lee has earned a decision in all five of his starts this season.
- His success at Dodger Stadium continued as he registered his third career game with 10+ strikeouts in Los Angeles in five career starts.
- Domonic Brown went 2-for-4.
- John Mayberry Jr went 1-for-4 with a walk and a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-5 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Adrian Gonzalez extended his hitting streak to 16 games going 1-for-4 with two strikeouts.
- Yasiel Puig went 1-for-4 at the plate.
- Federowicz, who broke up Lee's retired streak, went 1-for-3.
- Matt Kemp was the only other Dodger to record a hit as he went 1-for-3.
- Los Angeles did not record an extra-base hit and walked just once all night coming off Jeff Manship in the ninth inning.
- The Dodgers went 1-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports