Final: Phillies 14 - Rangers 10
Losing Pitcher: Pedro Figueroa (0-1) - 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 4 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- Jimmy Rollins' second inning grand slam was his 200th career home run.
- It was Rollins' fourth career grand slam and his first since October 1st, 2010.
- Cody Asche went 3-for-4 with a walk, a double, a home run, two RBIs and four runs scored.
- Ben Revere went 3-for-6 with two runs scored, three two-out RBIs and a stolen base.
- The Phillies' 14 runs were the second most they have ever scored in their 132 Opening Days.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-for-6 with his first home run for the Phillies since August 29, 2004.
- Byrd and Rollins homered in the same game for the first time since August 6, 2004.
- Cliff Lee is 18-0 when getting a lead of six or more runs.
- The eight earned runs Lee allowed were a career-high.
- Lee became the first Phillies pitcher to allow eight earned runs and still get the victory since Dick Ruthven who did it on August 31st, 1981 against the Atlanta Braves.
- Chase Utley went 3-for-6 with a double and an RBI.
- Alex Rios went 3-for-5 with a three-run home run and three runs scored for the Rangers.
- Rangers starter Tanner Scheppers allowed seven runs on eight hits over four innings pitched.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-5 with a stolen base and run scored.
- The Phillies put up 17 hits and left nine runners on base.
The Phillies get back at it tomorrow against the Rangers at 8:05 pm at Globe Life Ballpark in Arlington. A.J. Burnett is slate to make his Phillies debut against Robbie Ross.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports