Final-13: Phillies 6 - Braves 1
Losing Pitcher: David Hale (2-2) - 0.2 IP, 3 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
- Jimmy Rollins extended his hit streak to 11 games going 1-for-6.
- Reid Brignac had another strong night at the plate going 3-for-6 with a two-run triple in the 13th inning and his first stolen base of the season.
- Marlon Byrd had a two-hit night with an RBI single in the 13th inning and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard got the Phillies on the board with his solo home run in the second inning - his 12th of the season. He was 1-for-5 on the night with two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Every Phillies position player recorded at least one hit.
- Cole Hamels threw seven shutout innings allowing five hits with two walks and six strikeouts. It is the third consecutive start in which he has not allowed a run but it is the second straight start he has not allowed a run but has gotten the no-decision.
- Jonathan Papelbon blew just his second save of the year and his first blown save since April 5th.
- The Phillies went 2-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left 10 men on base.
- Evan Gattis extended his hit streak to a National League leading 16 games with his single to lead-off the seventh.
- Freddie Freeman had a strong night at the plate going 3-for-6 with a double and a triple. Freeman made a crucial error in the 13th inning that allowed the Phillies to blow the game open.
- Justin Upton went 2-for-6 at the plate with a double and scored the game-tying run in the bottom of the ninth inning.
- Andrelton Simmons had a good night going 1-for-4 with a walk and the Braves only RBI of the night.
- Julio Teheran had a strong start for the Braves allowing one run on four hits with no walks and six strikeouts in eight innings of work.
- The Braves went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left 12 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports