Final: Phillies 7 - Cubs 2
Losing Pitcher: Travis Wood (0-1) - 6.1 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- Carlos Ruiz went 1-for-2 with a run scored and reached base four times.
- Chase Utley went 2-for-5 with a two-run home run and an RBI single.
- Roberto Hernandez threw just 73 pitches to get his first win as a Phillie
- Hernandez did not allow a hit from the third inning on.
- Domonic Brown went 3-for-5 with a double and two RBIs, including one with two outs.
- Ben Revere went 3-for-5 with a run scored and his second stolen base of the year.
- The Phillies bullpen did not allow a hit in 3.2 innings of work.
- Philadelphia left nine runners on base.
- The Phillies went 2-for-9 with runners in scoring position.
- John Mayberry Jr. hit a pinch-hit two-run home run in the eighth inning. He now has four RBIs and two hits in two pinch hit opportunities this season.
- The Cubs mustered just three hits but two drove in runs - Welington Castillo's solo home run in the second inning and Starlin Castro's RBI single in the third.
- Darwin Barney had the other hit going 1-for-2 with a run scored and a walk.
- Barney was the only Cub to reach base more than once.
- The Cubs left three runners on base and went 1-for-3 with runners in scoring position.
- Both of the Cubs runs were scored with two outs.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports