Final: Phillies 4 - Pirates 3
Losing Pitcher: Justin Wilson (3-4) - 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (36)
- Freddy Galvis went 3-for-3 on the night with a double, a home run, an RBI and three runs scored.
- Maikel Franco recorded his first career extra-base hit legging out a double in the first inning en route to going 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Chase Utley drove in a run while going 1-for-3 on the night.
- Marlon Byrd was the only other Phillies position player to record a hit going 1-for-3.
- In addition to six strong innings on the mound, David Buchanan also went 1-for-2 with an RBI, the second of his career.
- The Phillies went 3-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Starling Marte had another strong game at the plate with a double and a run scored.
- Russell Martin was 2-for-4 on the night with a double and two RBIs.
- Gregory Polanco was on base twice tonight going 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Jordy Mercer ripped an RBI double in the second inning.
- The Pirates went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports