Final: Phillies 6 - Diamondbacks 5
Losing Pitcher: Trevor Cahill (1-5) - 1.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (7)
- Carlos Ruiz went 3-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
- Tony Gwynn hit a pinch-hit double in the seventh that drove in Carlos Ruiz. Gwynn would score a run himself.
- Cody Asche hit a pinch-hit double in the eighth that drove in two runs to tie the game 5-5.
- Ben Revere went 2-for-5 with the go-ahead RBI in the eighth inning and his eighth stolen base of the season.
- Domonic Brown went 2-for-5 with a run scored.
- Cliff Lee allowed five runs (three earned) on eight hits with two walks and two strikeouts in six innings pitched.
- The Phillies went 6-for-14 with runners in scoring position and left 11 men on base.
- A.J. Pollock had a strong game going 3-for-5 with a double, a triple, an RBI and a run scored.
- Cody Ross went 2-for-4 with three RBIs.
- Aaron Hill continued to torch the Phillies going 2-for-3 with a double, a walk and a run scored.
- Chris Owings went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- The Diamondbacks went 3-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
The Phillies get back at it Tuesday against the Mets at 7:05 pm at Citizens Bank Park. Cole Hamels is slated to start for the Phillies.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports