Final: Phillies 1 - Braves 0
Losing Pitcher: Alex Wood (2-2) - 8.0 IP, 8 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (4)
- Chase Utley started a new hit streak after watching his 11-game hit streak come to an end last night. Utley went 2-for-3.
- Ben Revere had a huge day for the Phillies going 3-for-4 while driving in the game-winning run in the eighth inning.
- Revere struggled on the basepaths getting at first base then getting thrown out at second in the sixth. He was also doubled up in the first inning when Jimmy Rollins lined out to second.
- Domonic Brown went 1-for-3 and scored the game-winning run.
- Marlon Byrd also went 1-for-3.
- In addition to throwing seven shutout innings allowing just three hits and two walks with five strikeouts, A.J. Burnett also went 1-for-2 at the plate.
- For the second straight night, the Phillies did not record an extra-base hit.
- The Phillies went 1-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
- B.J. Upton went 1-for-4.
- Freddie Freeman, Andrelton Simmons and Gerald Laird all went 1-for-3.
- The only extra-base hit of the game was Laird's eighth-inning double.
- For the second straight night, the losing pitcher pitched a complete game as Alex Wood allowed one run over eighth innings with seven strikeouts.
- The Braves went 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports