Final: Angels 4 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (6-13) - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
Save: Huston Street (31)
- Carlos Ruiz had a good game at the plate going 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- Jimmy Rollins was solid at the plate tonight for the Phillies going 2-for-5 with an RBI single, a run scored and his 23rd and 24th stolen bases of the season.
- Ben Revere continues to raise his average, which is now up to .309, going 2-for-5 with his 33rd steal of the season.
- Grady Sizemore hit his first triple with the Phillies and scored the Phillies third run in the bottom of the eighth.
- Domonic Brown ripped a double and drove in a run on a fielder's choice.
- Marlon Byrd drove in a run with an RBI single in the third inning going 1-for-4 on the night.
- Chase Utley had the only other hit for the Phillies going 1-for-5.
- The Phillies went 3-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left nine men on base.
- Howie Kendrick gave the Angels the lead in the sixth inning with his bloop single to rightfield that scored Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton.
- Brennan Boesch drove in two runs despite going 0-for-2 on the night.
- Pujols ripped a double going 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk on the night.
- Hamilton was 1-for-2 with an infield single, a walk and a run scored.
- Erik Aybar had the only other extra-base hit for Los Angeles going 1-for-3 with a double, a walk and two runs scored.
- David Freese and Kole Calhoun each recorded a hit for the Angels.
- The Angels went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports