Final: Phillies 10 - Braves 5
Losing Pitcher: Aaron Harang (5-6) - 5.0 IP, 13 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Marlon Byrd had a great game going 3-for-5 with his 11th home run of the season, two runs scored and three RBIs.
- Domonic Brown was all over the place going 3-for-5 with a double, a run scored and his fifth stolen base of the year.
- Ryan Howard continued to swing a hot bat as he went 3-for-5 with a double, a walk, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Cesar Hernandez had a three-hit day at the top of the Phillies lineup with a double, a stolen base and two runs scored.
- Wil Nieves went 3-for-6 with two doubles and two runs scored before leaving the game in the top of the ninth inning with a leg injury.
- Chase Utley was 2-for-6 with two runs scored on the day.
- John Mayberry only went 1-for-4 but still drove in three runs on the day.
- The Phillies put up a season-high 18 hits.
- Philadelphia turned three double plays with Roberto Hernandez on the mound.
- The Phillies went 6-for-20 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base.
- Jayson Heyward was on base again tonight making it 34 of his last 37 games that he has reached base safely. He went 1-for-2 with a double, two walks and a run scored.
- Ryan Doumit paced the Braves offense going 3-for-4 with a home run and three RBIs.
- Evan Gattis hit a two-run home run in the second inning that tied the game at the time.
- Jordan Schafer went 1-for-2 on the day with a double and two walks but popped up a bunt opportunity that lead to a crucial Phillies double play in the sixth inning.
- Chris Johnson got a big hit for the Braves as he was 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- The Braves went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position and eight four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports