Win: Cole Hamels (7-13) - 8.0 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 9 K
Loss: David Carpenter (3-1) - 1.0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 2 K
Save: B.J. Rosenberg (1)
X-Factor: RF/1B Darin Ruf - The Phillies right fielder turned first baseman came up huge for Cole Hamels and the Phillies on Sunday afternoon. He went 2-for-4 with two RBIs including the go-ahead home run in the bottom of the eighth inning to give the Phillies a 3-2 lead. Ruf put the Phillies up 2-0 in the bottom of the first with his single that drove home Chase Utley.
- 2B Chase Utley went 2-for-4 with a RBI double and a run scored.
- SS Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored along with his 19th stolen base of the year.
- SP Cole Hamels need just 99 pitches to get through eight innings.
- The Phillies went 2-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
- It was the Phillies first series sweep since June.
- It was the Phillies first series sweep of the Braves since the final series in 2011 that ultimately eliminated the Braves from the playoffs in the wild final night of the season.
The Phillies open a three game series with the Padres on Tuesday night at Citizens Bank Park at 7:05 pm with Roy Halladay taking the mound.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports