Win: Kyle Kendrick (10-8) - 6.0 IP, 5 R, 4 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K
Loss: Edwin Jackson (7-12) - 5.0 IP, 7 R, 7 ER, 10 H, 2 BB, 2 K
X-Factor: RF Darin Ruf - There could have been a number of Phillies selected as the X-Factor for the game but Ruf gets the honor. He went 2-for-4 with a home run, two RBIs, and a run scored. Ruf went 1-for-2 with runners in scoring position as well. Tuesday night's game was the first time Ruf has ever played right field at any professional level and he manned the position just fine.
- LF Domonic Brown was activated from the disabled list before the game, a day earlier than expected. He went 1-for-4 with two RBIs but had a near-costly error as he dropped a fly ball with two outs in the bottom of the ninth that allowed the tying run to get to third.
- 2B Chase Utley went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and two runs scored.
- 3B Cody Asche and 1B Michael Young each went 2-for-3 with two runs scored.
- C Carlos Ruiz hit his second home run of the year in the bottom of the eighth which was the eventual game winner.
- RP Jonathan Papelbon allowed three runs (two earned) on three hits in his one inning of work.
- The Phillies went 4-for-12 with runners in scoring position and only left three people on base.
The Phillies are home again Wednesday night to face the Cubs. Cole Hamels gets the call for Philadelphia.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports