Final: Phillies 3 - Nationals 2
Losing Pitcher: Tanner Roark (12-8) - 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (32)
- Domonic Brown went 2-for-3 with an RBI single to give the Phillies a 1-0 lead.
- Brown dropped an Ian Desmond fly ball in the top of the seventh inning but it was ruled a double. In the bottom half of the inning Brown tried to stretch a single into a double and was safe until his pop-up slide pulled him off the base.
- Cody Asche hit a monster home run to rightfield in the fifth inning to give the Phillies a 2-0 lead.
- Carlos Ruiz went deep tonight for the fourth time this season with his seventh-inning blast than ended up being the game-winning run.
- Jimmy Rollins had a multi-hit night going 2-for-4 with his 27th stolen base of the season.
- Ryan Howard was on his game tonight going 1-for-3 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- A.J. Burnett's 12 strikeouts were his most in a game since he struck out 12 on September 21st, 2013 against the Reds.
- The Phillies went 2-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Until Anthony Rendon's solo home run in the top of the sixth inning, the Nationals' only hit of the night came from starting pitcher Tanner Roark.
- Wilson Ramos hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth inning driving it to right-centerfield.
- Former-Phillie Kevin Frandsen hit a pinch-hit double in the eighth.
- Asdrubal Cabrera had the only other hit for the Nationals on the night.
- The Nationals went 0-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports