Final: Phillies 6 - Nationals 2
Losing Pitcher: Jordan Zimmermann (6-5) - 3.1 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
- Jimmy Rollins had a great game at the plate going 2-for-4 with his 10th and 11th home runs of the season driving in three runs.
- It was the ninth time in Rollins career that he had a multi-home run game.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored.
- Domonic Brown drove in two runs in the second inning with a double.
- Cameron Rupp hit a RBI double off the wall in left in the sixth inning.
- Chase Utley also put up a two-hit night.
- The Phillies went 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Bryce Harper hit a 401-foot solo home run in the seventh inning.
- Denard Span had a good game going 2-for-4 with a stolen base.
- Ryan Zimmerman had just the second hit off of Ken Giles with his eighth inning RBI double.
- Adam LaRoche went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jordan Zimmermann was pulled from the game after just 3.1 innings due to an undisclosed injury.
- The Nationals went 1-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports