Losing Pitcher: Jerome Williams (5-6) - 5.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
Save: Mark Melancon (28)
- Cody Asche had a strong game at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double and two of the Phillies' three runs scored.
- Wil Nieves was the only other Phillies position player to record a hit going 1-for-4 with an RBI single.
- Ryan Howard was 0-for-3 on the night but walked and scored a run.
- In addition to five innings on the mound, Jerome Williams drove in two runs with his RBI single with two outs in the fourth inning.
- The Phillies went 2-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left four men on base.
- Andrew McCutchen had a big game for the Pirates going 2-for-4 with an inside-the-park home run that tied the game in the fifth inning.
- Russell Martin followed up McCutchen's inside-the-park home run with a home run of his own in the fifth inning to give the Pirates the lead for good. Martin was 2-for-5 with a home run and three RBIs.
- Starling Marte and Josh Harrison both had a strong games at the plate going 2-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
- Travis Snider went 2-for-4 with a double on the night.
- Jordy Mercer also had a multi-hit night going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- The Pirates went 4-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left 10 runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports