Final: Pistons 115 - Sixers 100
Philadelphia: Thaddeus Young - 24 Pts, 5 Reb, 2 Blk
Detroit: Andre Drummond - 31 Pts, 19 Reb, 6 Stl
- The Sixers had two players - Thad Young (24) and Evan Turner (20) - score 20+ points while having five scorers total in double figures.
- Hollis Thompson made his first start of the year tonight for the Sixers in place of James Anderson.
- Lavoy Allen was a game-worst minus-15 while Pistons center Andre Drummond was a game-high plus-25.
- Drummond was the first player to score 31 points, grab 19 rebounds, and record six steals in a game since Hakeem Olajuwon in 1990.
- Drummond came just one rebound shy of Detroit's first 30 point - 20 rebound game since Dennis Rodman did it in 1991.
- The Sixers' tried to stop Drummond by fouling him and it seemed to work as he was just 7-for-18 from the line.
- As a team the Pistons shot just 59.0% from the free throw line while the 76ers shot a solid 89.5% going 17-for-19.
- The Pistons jumped out to a 40-25 lead after the first quarter and held a 24 point lead at halftime. The 76ers used a strong third quarter to climb to within 10 but it wasn't enough.
- Brandon Jennings added a double-double for Detroit with 20 points and 12 assists.
- Detroit forward Greg Monroe was held in check with just seven points in 26 minutes
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports