Final - SO: Predators 4 - Flyers 3
- Carter Hutton (NSH) - 3 GA, 27 Saves, .900 SV%
- Shea Weber (NSH) - 1 G, 2 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI) - 1 G, 2 A, 3 SOG, Plus-2
- The Flyers got on the board first on when Brayden Schenn put home a rebound just 1:26 into the game.
- After a Michael Raffl turnover in the corner, would work the puck around when Gabriel Bourque found Eric Nystrom who redirected the pass into the net to tie the game.
- After Claude Giroux was called for tripping later in the period, Kimmo Timonen was whistled for boarding Roman Josi to give Nashville a two-man advantage for 1:18. The Flyers killed off the first penalty but David Legwand received the rink-wide feed and blasted a one-timer that put the Predators up 2-1.
- With time winding down in the second period and Nashville dominating play, Wayne Simmonds found a streaking Andrej Meszaros who ripped a wrist shot over Carter Hutton's shoulder to tie the game.
- The Predators would take the lead in the third period. After Nicklas Grossmann was issued a double-minor for high-sticking, Shea Weber would blast a slap shot past Mason on the ensuing power play.
- With the Flyers on the power play trailing 3-2 with 1:34 remaining in the third, Craig Berube called timeout to regroup. Just 10 seconds later, Kimmo Timonen's point blast was redirected by Scott Hartnell then again by Wayne Simmonds and into the net to tie the game 3-3.
- It would go into overtime then a shootout. The first four shooters for each team were denied then the next two shooters for each team scored. In the seventh round, Wayne Simmonds' attempt was denied by Hutton and Roman Josi beat Mason to win it for Nashville.
- It was the Flyers seventh shootout of the season and they fall to 3-4 on the season.
- The Flyers were 1-for-4 on the power play while the Predators went 2-for-5.
- Philadelphia has now scored a power play goal in four straight games and six of their last seven.
- Josi played a game-high 32:10 while Weber checked in at 31:41.
- Wayne Simmonds has 11 goals and nine assists for 20 points in his last 15 games thanks to his goal and two assists against Nashville.
- Predators goaltender Carter Hutton made the save of the year on Michael Raffl in the second period after the puck took a strange bounce off the boards and into the slot where Raffl fired a shot that was snared by Hutton.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports