Flyers @ Panthers
Streak: Won 3
- The Flyers have a seven game points streak going 6-0-1 over that span.
- John Tavares' second period goal on Saturday snapped a streak of 345:39 the Flyers went without allowing an even-strength goal dating back to the third period of their November 9th game against the Edmonton Oilers.
- Matt Read enters with consecutive two-goal games pulling him into a tie with Vinny Lecavalier for the team-lead with eight goals this season.
- The Flyers have scored 27 goals over their seven-game point streak compared to scoring just 22 goals in their first 15 games of the season.
- Wayne Simmonds is one assist away from 100 in his NHL career.
- Goals have been hard to come by for opponents as the Flyers have held their opponents to two or fewer goals in eight of their last 10 games allowing just 15 goals total over that span.
- The Flyers are 45-26-7-3 lifetime against the Florida Panthers, who are celebrating their 20th season in the NHL.
Streak: Lost 2
- The Panthers return home after a five-game road trip going 2-2-1.
- Florida dedicated their press box on Monday in honor of former coach, and former Flyers coach, Roger Neilson.
- The Panthers have played in 14 one-goal games this season and have come form behind to force a tie in the third period in nine of their last 16 games.
- Former Flyer Scottie Upshall has record 10 points (4 G, 6 A) in his last 12 games.
- Florida is outscoring opponents 26-21 in the third period this season and have scored in the third period in 17 of their 24 games.
- Forward Jimmy Hayes and defenseman Tom Gilbert each recorded their first goals as Panthers in Friday night's loss.
7-7-2, 2.11 GAA, .933 SV%
Mason, 25, was stellar against the New York Islanders on Saturday allowing just two goals on 38 shots to secure the 5-2 victory. He is 4-0-2 in his last six appearances with a 1.63 GAA and a .949 SV%. In five career games against the Panthers, Mason is 5-0-0 with a 1.17 GAA and a .960 SV% with one shutout allowing just six goals on 151 shots.
5-7-1, 2.79 GAA, .908 SV%
Thomas, 39, is coming off a decent start against the Calgary Flames in which he allowed three goals on 24 shots in a 4-3 shootout loss. He faced the Flyers this year allowing two goals on five shots in just 7:31 of play before leaving with an injury. In 19 career starts against the Flyers, Thomas is 13-4-2 with a 2.28 GAA and a .932 SV%.