Flyers @ Capitals
Last Game: Win, 2-1 v. Canadiens (Thu. Dec. 12th)
Streak: Won 1
- This is the first meeting since the 7-0 beat-down the Capitals put on the Flyers that ended up with a brawl on the ice.
- The Flyers are 102-68-19-6 all-time against the Capitals.
- Defenseman Mark Streit is one point away from 300 in his NHL career while Scott Hartnell is three points from 500 NHL points.
- The Flyers have scored first in four consecutive games going 1-2-1 over that span.
- When the Flyers score first this season, they are 12-5-2 but just 2-10-1 when allowing the game's first goal.
- This season the Flyers are just 2-7 when recording less than 10 penalty minutes.
Last Game: Loss - SO, 3-2 @ Panthers (Fri. Dec. 13th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Capitals are 41-40-13-1 against the Flyers all-time at home and 5-4-1 in their last 10 matchups in the nation's capital.
- Alex Ovechkin leads the league with 26 goals this season and is one goal shy of passing Mike Gartner for second in franchise history.
- Ovechkin leads the Cpaitals with 39 points (24 G, 15 A) in 29 career games against the Flyers but arguably more successful is Nicklas Backstrom who has 35 points (11 G, 24 A) in 22 career games.
- Today is Troy Brouwer's 400th NHL game.
- Washington is 5-2-1 in their last eight games averaging 3.25 goals per game over that stretch.
- The Capitals have won six of their last eight games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
11-9-3, 2.29 GAA, .927 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off of a stellar start against the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night allowing just one goal on 21 shots. The victory snapped a two game losing streak for Mason. In seven career starts against the Capitals, Mason is 3-3-1 with a 2.49 GAA and a .922 SV% with two shutouts.
13-9-1, 2.82 GAA, .920 SV%
Holtby, 24, was pulled after just 11 minutes in his start Tuesday against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He allowed three goals on just eight shots but Washington bounced back to win 6-5 in a shootout. In six career games against the Flyers, Holtby is 3-1-2 with a 2.46 GAA and a .916 SV% including the 7-0 shutout in November.