Standings: 5th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Loss - 4-1 @ Predators (Dec. 27th)
- The Flyers are 14-9-1 all-time against the Coyotes and 7-5-0 all-time in Arizona. The Flyers have never shutout the Coyotes nor have they recorded a hat trick.
- Steve Mason returns from a back injury tonight and is one shutout away from 25 in the NHL. Sean Couturier is one point away from 100 in the NHL.
- The Flyers are 12-1-1 when scoring four or more goals but just 2-15-4 when scoring three or fewer goals.
6-10-5, 2.49 GAA, .921 SV%
Mason, 26, hasn't started since December 18th when he stopped 31 of 32 shots in a 2-1 shootout loss to the Florida Panthers. He has been dealing with a back injury that has sidelined him. In 10 career starts against the Coyotes, Mason is 7-2-1 with a 1.48 GAA and a .953 SV% with one shutout.
Standings: 6th in Pacific Division
Last Game: Win (OT) - 2-1 v. Ducks (Dec. 27th)
- The Coyotes killed off six of their seven penalties (85.7%) against the Flyers last season.
- Phoenix plays a physical brand of hockey ranking eighth in the NHL with 992 hits on the season.
- The Coyotes are 9-4-4 in one-goal games this season.
5-15-2, 3.48 GAA, .884 SV%
Smith, 32, struggled last Monday against the Vancouver Canucks allowing four goals on 11 shots in the loss. He has lost 12 of his last 13 starts dating back to November 8th. In 13 career starts against Flyers, Smith is 4-7-1 with a 3.80 GAA and a .882 SV%.