Standings: 5th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Loss (OT) - 4-3 @ Avalanche (Dec. 31st)
- The Flyers are 75-28-14-6 all-time against the Hurricanes and 34-16-9-2 all-time on the road.
- Philadelphia is 12-3-2 in Raleigh since the beginning of the 2005-06 season and have not lost by more than one goal in Carolina since October 28, 2005 when they lost 8-6.
- The Flyers are 12-1-1 when scoring four or more goals but 2-15-6 when scoring three or fewer.
6-11-6, 2.57 GAA, .917 SV%
Mason, 26, allowed four goals on 33 shots in a 4-3 overtime loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday. He has lost 10 of his last 12 games and has just three wins since November 8th. In nine career games against the Hurricanes, Mason is 6-2-1 with a 1.89 GAA and a .940 SV%.
Standings: 8th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Loss - 2-1 @ Penguins (Dec. 31st)
- The Hurricanes swept the season series from the Flyers last season 4-0-0 but have allowed the Flyers to earn points in 27 of their last 31 meetings (Philadelphia is 22-4-5).
- Carolina has not shutout Philadelphia in their last 50 games dating back to November 28th, 2000.
- Defenseman Justin Faulk has two shorthanded goals on the season becoming the first Carolina defenseman with more than one shorthanded goal since 2006-07.
9-15-2, 2.39 GAA, .914 SV%
Ward, 30, allowed two goals on 39 shots in a 2-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday. He has allowed exactly two goals in each of his last four starts, all Hurricanes losses. In 19 career games against the Flyers, Ward is 5-10-3 with a 3.16 GAA and a .891 SV%.