Standings: 5th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Loss - 2-1 @ Hurricanes (Jan. 2nd)
- The Flyers are 75-85-15-10 all-time against the Devils and 28-52-6-5 all-time on the road against New Jersey.
- Claude Giroux suffered a laceration on his leg last night against Carolina and is probable tonight against New Jersey. Giroux needs two goals to pass Mike Richards (133) for 23rd all-time in Flyers history. Both Richards and Giroux appeared in 453 games for the Flyers.
- Jakub Voracek has been held off the scoresheet in three of the last four games but continues to lead the NHL in scoring with 47 points.
7-5-1, 3.04 GAA, .898 SV%
Emery, 32, stopped 34 of 37 shots fired his direction in a 4-1 loss to the Nashville Predators last Saturday. The Flyers have won three of his last four starts since December 1st. In 14 career games against the Devils, Emery is 8-4-2 with a 1.85 GAA and a .932 SV% and two shutouts.
Standings: 7th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Loss - 4-2 v. Canadiens (Jan. 2nd)
- The Devils will play their ninth back-to-back game tonight after a loss on Montreal on Friday. They are 2-4-2 in the second game of back-to-backs this season.
- New Jersey is 89.4% on the penalty kill since November 11th ranking second in the NHL over that span to only Carolina (91.5%).
- Jaromir Jagr is tied with Steve Yzerman for 15th all-time in power play goals with 202. Wayne Gretzky is 14th all-time with 204.
12-18-4, 2.47 GAA, .918 SV%
Schneider, 28, allowed three goals on 28 shots in a 3-1 defeat to the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. The Devils have lost seven of his last eight starts and 12 of his last 15. In three career starts against the Flyers, Schneider is 1-2-0 with a 3.03 GAA and a .915 SV%.